Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock Re: 202203162242.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Thu Mar 17 02:59:43 UTC 2022

Hi, Fred:

1)    " ... you will need to replace the existing DNS and DHCP
systems...  ":    I am glad that you have touched the next level of
considerations. Operating an RAN with one 240/4 netblock, there will be
more than enough IP addresses to assign to all client premises. So, the
EzIP deployment will operate with static IP address disciplines,
negating the fundamental reasons to have DNS and DHCP. That is,
transition to running the electronic equivalent of telephony White and
Yellow Pages would be what EzIP deployment should rely upon.

2)    " ... hear the relevant organizations saying that it changes their
networking model, ... similar to what has happened with the IPv6
deployment.  ":    Do they recognize that implementing EzIP address plan
on CG-NAT changes no network model? So, the perturbation is far less
than deploying IPv6.

Regards,

Abe (2022-03-16 22:59)