jon postel

Nathan Angelacos nangel at tetrasec.net
Sun Oct 16 22:55:07 UTC 2022

On Sun, 2022-10-16 at 13:23 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> it's been 24 years, and we still live in his shadow and stand on his
> shoulders.  we try not to stand on his toes.
>
> randy

I got on the "interwebs" just before Al Gore invented the internet (no
political statement, just that is the way it was back then.)   15 3.5"
floppy disks, a 33Mhz 486, slackware, (and a really reliable USRobotics
modem.)

I found this thing called "RFC"... and Jim Postel was a man I really
wanted to meet.

Thanks, Randy, for reminding me of the shoulders I stand on.