Jon Postel Re: 202210301538.AYC

Vasilenko Eduard vasilenko.eduard at huawei.com
Mon Oct 31 16:03:37 UTC 2022

It is believed by many that 2 terms should be the maximum for one position of any chair (if it is a democracy).
It is evidently not the case for IETF - people stay in power for decades. It is just a fact that is not possible to dispute.
Yes, Nomcom is the mechanism for AD and above. I do not want to sort out how exactly it is performed.
By the way, WG chairs have been put aside from any election mechanisms.

If any politician would manage to possess power for more than 2 terms - he would be immediately called "totalitarian".
Even if he would say that there is a mechanism for it.
Eduard