An update on the AfriNIC situation

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Mon Aug 30 23:32:33 UTC 2021

Owen

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021, 02:10 Owen DeLong via NANOG, <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:

> So yes, I continue to work for and support Lu in this capacity because in
> this case, I believe AFRINIC has overstepped its mandate

If you believe, then we leave it at that. Its beliefs.

and acted contrary to its own policies and bylaws as they are written.

AFRINIC has never approved IPv4 for the purpose of leasing them as some
product in the manner in which your employer Larus/CIL does.

This is why, both you and Lu have been asked a simple question which is...

Is the purpose for which you are using the IPs today (leasing them for a
dollar), the same purpose for which your justified the needs when you first
applied for them from AFRINIC?

Yes or No?

Noah