Myanmar internet - something to think about if you're having a bad day

Bradley Huffaker bhuffake at caida.org
Thu Apr 29 17:54:58 UTC 2021

Censorship does not need to be complete to be highly effective.  Almost all regulation, drugs/speeding/etc,  is designed to increase the cost to the point were “most” individuals are discouraged. While VPNs can be used to bypass China’s Great Firewall the added friction is enough to keep most happily engaged with easer distractions.

	https://fsi.stanford.edu/news/china%E2%80%99s-great-firewall-built-friction-based-censorship-says-margaret-roberts