Myanmar internet - something to think about if you're having a bad day

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Thu Apr 29 16:31:13 UTC 2021

----- On Apr 28, 2021, at 11:32 AM, Eric Kuhnke <eric.kuhnke at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> There's plenty of non technical teenagers in Pakistan with VPN clients on their
> phone or laptop who seem perfectly capable of using a VPN to watch Youtube or
> access Twitter and other social media, during the periods of time that the
> government orders things to be blocked.

Even my third-grader was able to figure out that she needed a VPN when I blocked Roblox's IP space (128.116.0.0/17) on my home router.

Other than, as reports said, soldiers snipping cables in datacenters, regimes will have a difficult time completely blocking whatever they don't like. Even China can't do it.

Thanks,

Sabri