Gaming Consoles and IPv4

Matt Erculiani merculiani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 21:45:13 UTC 2020

Most games do implement a "minimum latency" where no matter how low your
latency is, you'll always have at least 30ms or so (from what I've seen) to
keep things fair for MOST broadband internet connections.

So no, you cannot bring your laptop into the data center, [proverbially]
plug directly into an IX, and expect to wipe the floor with your
competition; you'll be artificially placed at the same level as someone
with high speed cable service in the surrounding area.

-Matt

--
Matt Erculiani
ERCUL-ARIN