How to manage Static IPs to customers

K. Scott Helms kscott.helms at gmail.com
Fri May 8 13:11:10 UTC 2020

Javier,

There's really no good way to handle this without routing or tunneling that
I've been able to find in a very long time.  (SD-WAN can help, but it's
just a fancy way to tunnel in this regard.)  It's pretty amazing that this
is such an issue, but it remains so.  I have tried to work around this
using BSoD (
https://specification-search.cablelabs.com/business-services-over-docsis-layer-2-virtual-private-networks
)
but we eventually abandoned the effort because it rapidly became to
expensive to scale to solve a niche problem.

Scott Helms