Re: AT&T is suspending broadband data caps for home internet customers due to coronavirus

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Tue Mar 17 19:00:30 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020, at 19:38, Dan White wrote:
> By "ahead of us", I'm hoping to glean some operational experience from
> European, or networks in larger cities with a more impactful lock
> down.

It is all fairly new here too. Some of the things that have come to mind so far:

- the supply chain for components (linecards / fabric cards) may be hampered, shipments are slowed down, probably due to staffing issues at each hop.

- for buildout projects which require a small crew to assemble/construct/lift (heavy) things, you may no longer be able to form such crews. One might have to entertain the notion that all physical work has to fit the capabilities of a single person

- Flying your own staff around to do physical work is no longer a responsible option

- Availability of remote hands is reduced (or in some places even entirely unavailable)

I'm sure this list will continue to grow as we learn more about how things used to work and what no longer works.

Kind regards,

Job