AT&T is suspending broadband data caps for home internet customers due to coronavirus

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Mar 17 18:38:49 UTC 2020

On 03/17/20 19:25 +0100, Alexandre Petrescu wrote:

>Le 17/03/2020 à 19:17, Dan White a écrit :
>>Things have been eerily quiet where we are (Oklahoma). We're an eyeball
>>network and have had no noticeable changes in bandwidth usage that
>>couldn't
>>be explained by statistical noise.
>>
>>We keep game planning more and more contingency scenarios, waiting
>>to jump when needed, but things have just been unexpectedly normal.
>>
>>Perhaps we're behind the game in impact. I'd be curious to hear about
>>networks that are "ahead of us", and what the impact has been.
>
>I am not a sysadmin of a Network, but a few hours in advance.
>
>The bad news: I can ask you how many cases in Oklahoma?
>
>The good news: there is news about medication.

By "ahead of us", I'm hoping to glean some operational experience from
European, or networks in larger cities with a more impactful lock
down.

We seem to be going down the same lines of lock downs, and shelf clean
outs, just a few days/weeks behind what I've been seeing in the news.

I get nervous anytime I hear a school administrator or public official
blast out "or binge-watch your favorite shows on Netflix, and of course,
wash your hands a lot!"

Fortunately the health impact has been minimal here.

--
Dan White
Network Admin Lead