L2VPN/L2transport, Cumulus Linux & hardware suggestion

Adam Thompson athompson at merlin.mb.ca
Wed Jul 8 12:40:07 UTC 2020

I do run the 7280SR2-48YC6, but I don't do VPLS or pseudowires on them right now so I can't help directly with that.

Based on my experience with Arista so far, it'll be perfectly-well documented, just for a different platform, and in a blog post instead of in the user manual.  :-(

(Note to anyone from Arista lurking on the list: your User Manual sucks rocks because it's wildly incomplete.  Please put some of the effort that goes into those EOS Central blog posts, into the manual instead.)

As to the Juniper, I'm a client on a Juniper-based VPLS system, and the only thing it consistently intercepts is LLDP... which I'm actually OK with, mostly.  Other BPDUs and other Ethernet protocols get passed through (that we've tested, so far).  We have heard of some feature limitations on the EX4650, no CCC is unfortunate.  I don't have any experience with the QFX series as an operator or customer so can't comment.

Adam Thompson
Consultant, Infrastructure Services
[1593169877849]
100 - 135 Innovation Drive
Winnipeg, MB, R3T 6A8
(204) 977-6824 or 1-800-430-6404 (MB only)
athompson at merlin.mb.ca<mailto:athompson at merlin.mb.ca>
www.merlin.mb.ca<http://www.merlin.mb.ca/>