Ipv6 help

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Aug 26 16:48:27 UTC 2020

I work and I'm in touch with many CPE vendors since long time ago ... many are on the way (I can remember about 12 on top of my head right now, but because contracts, can't name them). It takes time. However, in many cases, they just do for specific customers or specific models. I know other people that contacted the same vendors and they told them "we could do it for the model you use as well". In some cases, they require a minimum volume per year (less than what you could expect. I've seen cases that start with just 500 units per month).

But this only works if you contact them. The CPE vendors business model seems to be very "ISP" direct. I think the retail marked models, unfortunately, will take a bit more time.

A hint about some vendors: You may take a look at the co-authors in the RFC.

El 26/8/20 18:30, "NANOG en nombre de Brandon Martin" <nanog-bounces+jordi.palet=consulintel.es at nanog.org en nombre de lists.nanog at monmotha.net> escribió:

    On 8/26/20 2:48 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG wrote:
    > This is why we wrote RFC8585, so users can freely buy their own router ...

    It's a great RFC.  Hopefully it continues to gain traction.

    Do you know of a single router available in the US (or even broader
    North American) retail market that has "RFC8585" printed anywhere on the
    outside of the box or even in the documentation one might actually
    consult pre-purchase?  I would love to evaluate it (or, even better, a
    few of them) to ensure I'm compatible on the provider side with how the
    equipment makers have interpreted the RFC!  Then I can also have some
    specific models to direct people toward along with "Or just look for
    'RFC8585' on the box".

    But, right now, I am aware of none.
    --
    Brandon Martin