Your opinion on network analysis in the presence of uncertain events

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Tue Jan 15 22:40:19 UTC 2019

I know of none that take probabilities as inputs. Traditional network simulators, such as GNS3, let you model various failure modes, but probability seems squishy enough that I don’t see how it can be accurate, and thus helpful. It’s like that Dilbert cartoon where the pointy haired boss asks for a schedule of all future unplanned outages :)

https://dilbert.com/strip/1997-01-29

 -mel