A few GPON questions...

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Tue Dec 11 22:01:52 UTC 2018

On 12/11/18 4:40 PM, Jameson, Daniel wrote:
> I’ve used this guy a couple times,  Use your favorite switch/POE switch
> and viola PON network using switches.  Pretty sure it doesn’t work with
> Zhone… But Zhone is #88 in my list of PON vendor choices ;)
>
> https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-8697

My Adtran salesperson has told me on a few occasions that they don't
recommend those things anymore and may even have discontinued them.
Apparently they were never especially stable.  Of course, your mileage
may vary.  I agree it would be an amazingly useful product if indeed it
works well.

I've also been told that the EPON version they offer is fine, so who knows.
--
Brandon Martin