China Showdown Huawei vs ZTE

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Apr 24 15:31:39 UTC 2018

On 20 April 2018 at 16:44, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes looks like they are both under pressure. I feel bad for the USA based
> employees. I know Huawei has quite a few in Plano, Texas.

Feel sorry for US based consumers. Historically protectionism always
hurts the local economy most. By creating artificial demand on local
products, over time local products become uncompetitive for export.

I wonder, in what fundamental way Cisco and Juniper are US products,
Huawei and ZTE Chinese products? To me it looks like Cisco has no
development on IOS-XR outside India, components and assembly is in
China. Shareholders are people holding Vanguard/Blackrock. What makes
US company a US company?

--
  ++ytti