Please run windows update now

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon May 15 14:57:28 UTC 2017

On May 15, 2017, at 5:37 AM, Rich Kulawiec <rsk at gsp.org> wrote:
> [1] There may be no such thing as a secure system, period.  But it
> would be better to deploy things that may have a fighting chance
> instead of things that have long since proven to have none at all.

As much as I hate, loathe, and despise Microsoft, there's always going to be someone/something out there that is "the worst".  Eliminate the current "worst", and there will be another one right behind them.

I do believe that Microsoft is directly responsible for trillions of dollars/euros of damage done to economies worldwide, due to their lax security practices over the years.  Their advances have only come at the cost of great pain on the part of others, and they have been kicking and screaming all the while being dragged into the modern world.

The rest of us will continue to bear the pain and anguish that they create.  That's just the way things are.  Not the way they should be, but the way they are.