Please run windows update now

J. Oquendo joquendo at e-fensive.net
Mon May 15 15:08:19 UTC 2017

On Mon, 15 May 2017, Brad Knowles wrote:

> As much as I hate, loathe, and despise Microsoft, there's always going to be someone/something out there that is "the worst".  Eliminate the current "worst", and there will be another one right behind them.
>
> I do believe that Microsoft is directly responsible for trillions of dollars/euros of damage done to economies worldwide, due to their lax security practices over the years.  Their advances have only come at the cost of great pain on the part of others, and they have been kicking and screaming all the while being dragged into the modern world.
>
> The rest of us will continue to bear the pain and anguish that they create.  That's just the way things are.  Not the way they should be, but the way they are.
>
> --

Spot on. Shame on Microsoft for releasing patches and not
forcing the installation versus letting security managers
open up ISC^, and other nonsensical frameworks to do things
like "change/patch management" tasks. I mean, who cares if
one little patch knocks a business out of existence.

I do believe Microsoft is directly responsible for making
people such daft "To patch or not to patch" admins. Force
feed patches on everyone! Then your next message will be:
"I believe Microsoft is responsible for trillions of
dollars by pushing out patches forcefully and negatively
impacting businesses worldwide."

Pain and anguish? I'm smiling and drinking coffee. I adore
when security shenanigas occur. That is the sound of a cash
register to me.

--
J. Oquendo

"Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of
real peace" - Dalai Lama

0B23 595C F07C 6092 8AEB  074B FC83 7AF5 9D8A 4463
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFC837AF59D8A4463