Question to Google

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 15 14:31:19 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr>
wrote:

> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 09:20:17AM -0400,
>  Todd Underwood <toddunder at gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 66 lines which said:
>
> > so implications that this is somehow related to Google dragging
> > their feet are silly.
>
> Implying that the root name server operators, or Verisign (manager of
> the .com name servers) did not test very thoroughly that everything is
> fine with their DNS service is just as silly.

I don't think that was todd's implication.

I had thought i saw lorenzo/erik with some presentation materials about how
ipv6 (and dns) can go wrong. I know geoff has presentation work on this
matter, which he's given at least at IEPG meetings in the past.

there is work ongoing though, it seems:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
google.fi. 345600 IN NS ns2.google.com.
google.fi. 345600 IN NS ns4.google.com.
google.fi. 345600 IN NS ns1.google.com.
google.fi. 300 IN NS ns3ds.google.com.

;; Query time: 10 msec
;; SERVER: 4.2.2.2#53(4.2.2.2)

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ns3ds.google.com. 300 IN AAAA 2001:4860:4802:36::a

-chris