Juniper MX Sizing

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:35:09 UTC 2016

Mark,

You are right that makes sense. So as a recap, you were seeing about 45
seconds route convergence time using RE-S-1800x4 w/ 16GB RAM. For a MX104
it took 4min 25sec. I assume a MX80 would be even slower than an MX104.

What about a MX480 with RE-2000's with 4GB of ram? Does anyone have any
stats on that? I would assume faster than a MX104 but slower than the
RE-S-1800x4
w/ 16GB RAM.