BGP attributes through IGP

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Mar 6 21:09:32 UTC 2014

On (2014-03-06 10:37 -0500), Bryan Ashley wrote:

> My searches have come up a little short however I found a couple references
> to using automatic-tag and as-path tag to carry this through.  I cant seem
> to find any Junos reference information on this so wanted to reach out to
> the ether and see if others have faced this situation before or have any
> other recommendations on solutions.

I don't think JunOS supports this.

It's bit of hack at any rate. It's not transporting AS_PATH, it's transporting
single 16b ASN.
It's essentially abusing (some what well-defined and interoperable abuse) 32b
tag field for this purpose.

Maybe you could try to do some of this manually, set some tags, which trigger
'set then origin x', as-path-expand/prepend might be more challenging.
Recommendation for solution might be easier with rationale why you need to
transport origin+aspath over IGP.

--
  ++ytti