BGP attributes through IGP

Bryan Ashley bja8180 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 21:58:51 UTC 2014

so this scenario was a much more scaled down version of the actual
topology.  Basically I have a "gap" of routers that I don't manage or have
access to in between mine running eBGP.  We are collecting some metrics and
doing monitoring on the AS-PATH of the routes received, among other
attributes, for both ends so losing some of this information is a problem.
 Again, I know the right answer here is to run iBGP across the IGP and I am
fighting that fight but it got me looking for alternative solutions and
figured I would see if anyone else ever had to come up with a creative
solution before.