MACsec SFP

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jun 25 12:40:18 UTC 2014

On (2014-06-25 05:09 -0700), Eric Flanery (eric) wrote:

> That said, I do think the separately tunable tunable transmitters and
> receivers could be huge, especially if they came at only a reasonably small

I don't think this technology exists. The receivers are always wideband and
there is some filter in optical mux or in BX optic to avoid receiving
reflections of your own TX.
Not sure if tunable filter exists.

But you can today buy BX optics which work on same wavelength, so you can use
same part in both ends of the connection.

--
  ++ytti