MACsec SFP

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:49:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:

> On (2014-06-25 05:09 -0700), Eric Flanery (eric) wrote:
>
> > That said, I do think the separately tunable tunable transmitters and
> > receivers could be huge, especially if they came at only a reasonably
> small
>
> I don't think this technology exists. The receivers are always wideband and
> there is some filter in optical mux or in BX optic to avoid receiving
> reflections of your own TX.
> Not sure if tunable filter exists.

Tunable rx exists in pluggable format, but it is called 100G coherent :-)

I would find tunable rx useful for 1/10G (eliminate DCM, power-splitter
based WDM etc), but not sure there is enough market for the product to
exist. Closest I got was inline FBG fiber patch. There are manufacturers
for these.

Tim:>