Inevitable death, was Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Brett Glass nanog at brettglass.com
Tue Jul 15 04:47:13 UTC 2014

Charles:

Not trying to seize the last word here, but did want to make one final
point. Just because I let each of my upstreams route for me does NOT
mean I am single-homed; only that I handle multi-homing differently.
There are commercial appliances available that do this, though I
happen to have rolled my own so as to save money and obtain
greater control. And, that being said, I'm happy to let the thread
die because it's sort of an odd tangent. I see no reason why there should
be any sort of "class distinction" between ISPs who undertake the
messy business of doing BGP (I have the technical knowledge to do
it, but no desire to add more to my plate) and those who choose to
outsource that task and focus their efforts on the challenges of
serving remote downstream customers.

--Brett Glass