Inevitable death, was Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Charles Gucker cgucker at onesc.net
Tue Jul 15 04:30:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Brett Glass <nanog at brettglass.com> wrote:
> Perhaps it's best to think of it this way: I'm outsourcing some backbone
> routing functions to my upstreams, which (generously) aren't charging me
> anything extra to do it. In my opinion, that's a good business move.

Last comment on the thread.   And the truth will set you free!
Please have your upstream provider peer with Netflix and all will be
right in the world.    As a single-homed customer of said ISP, you are
subject to their rules.     No need for your involvement in this old
routing protocol and numbers business, let them do it as it's their
business, not yours.      I will not respond further and we can let
this thread finally die.

- charles