Verizon FIOS IPv6?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 04:00:12 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Adam Rothschild <asr at latency.net> wrote:
> I've heard of folk in and around the NYC metro getting set up for v6
> by escalating through their commercial account teams, or the field

'commercial account teams' == business customers?

> service managers who went out to their homes to supervise their
> early-adopter [X]GPON ONT installations.  This isn't to say the

wow, sounds super scalable.

> process was particularly easy or fun for those involved, however there
> is a light at the end of the tunnel.

ha! double joke!

> It's not immediately clear the extent of configuration work needed
> behind the curtains -- whether routing and addressing needed to be set
> up in an ad hoc manner, or if there was merely a magic "allow v6
> ethertype" checkbox in an OSS needing to be checked to make RAs start

if it's just some clicky thing in the OSS I'm betting 2yrs til the IT
department gets that automated :(

> working, however I've heard various rumblings pointing at the latter.
> However you slice it, I agree their laid-back approach at

'laid-back'... you sir, have a way with words.

> implementation is shameful, and should be called out wherever
> possible.

yes :( it's nice that the Networx contract didn't require any ipv6 readiness...