Verizon FIOS IPv6?

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Wed Jan 8 03:56:15 UTC 2014

I've heard of folk in and around the NYC metro getting set up for v6
by escalating through their commercial account teams, or the field
service managers who went out to their homes to supervise their
early-adopter [X]GPON ONT installations.  This isn't to say the
process was particularly easy or fun for those involved, however there
is a light at the end of the tunnel.

It's not immediately clear the extent of configuration work needed
behind the curtains -- whether routing and addressing needed to be set
up in an ad hoc manner, or if there was merely a magic "allow v6
ethertype" checkbox in an OSS needing to be checked to make RAs start
working, however I've heard various rumblings pointing at the latter.
However you slice it, I agree their laid-back approach at
implementation is shameful, and should be called out wherever
possible.

HTH,
-a