Filter NTP traffic by packet size?

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Sat Feb 22 08:38:45 UTC 2014

On 22 Feb 2014, at 08:47, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:

> I'm surprised MinimaLT and QUIC have have not put transport area people in
> high gear towards standardization of new PKI based L4 protocol, I think its
> elegant solution to many practical reoccurring problem, solution which has
> become practical only rather recently.

Oh, the transport area people *are* in their high gear.
Their frantic movements may just seem static to you as they operate on more drawn-out time scales.
(The last transport protocol I worked on became standards-track 16 years after I started working on it.)

At this IETF, there will be a “Transport Services” BOF to help find out what exactly the services are that a new transport protocol should provide to the applications.  Research platforms such as QUIC, tcpcrypt, MINION etc. are very much in the focus of attention.

This time, it would be nice if the operations people got to have a say early on in what gets standardized.
(Just be careful not to try to “fight yesterday’s war”.)

Grüße, Carsten