Filter NTP traffic by packet size?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Feb 22 07:47:19 UTC 2014

On (2014-02-21 14:37 -0800), Cb B wrote:

> QUIC can do what it wants.  Like anyone else, they pay their money and take
> their chances. But, the data point that UDP is polluted is clearly
> documented with several folks on this list suggesting tactical fixes that
> involve limiting UDP, especially udp:80

Seth has good point, UDP:80 is HTTP.

If we want new L4 protocol which works today, we must first ride on top of
UDP, since that will work on lot more people day 1, this will avoid
chicken-egg problem (kit won't be fixed,as no one uses new L4, no one uses new
L4 as lot of kit drops it)
I'm surprised MinimaLT and QUIC have have not put transport area people in
high gear towards standardization of new PKI based L4 protocol, I think its
elegant solution to many practical reoccurring problem, solution which has
become practical only rather recently.

--
  ++ytti