Per Site QOS policy with Cisco IOS-XE

Wes Tribble westribble at gmail.com
Thu May 9 14:40:15 UTC 2013

Tyler,

I already had a case open with TAC on this issue.  This is what the CCIE
assigned to the case is saying about that type of policy:

Hi Wesley,

Yes, I’m afraid that configuration is not possible. We can only mark or
police traffic on this child policy.

You will see the following message when trying to attach the service-policy
to the interface:

---

ASR10004(config-if)#service-policy output parent_shaper
Cannot attach queuing-based child policy to a non-queuing based class

*This is what I sent to her:*

 So this configuration is not possible?

policy-map parent_shaper
 class class-default
 shape average 100000000 < --- 100Mbps parent shaper.
 service-policy site_shaper

policy-map site_shaper
 class t1_site
  shape average 1536000