Per Site QOS policy with Cisco IOS-XE

Tyler Haske tyler.haske at gmail.com
Thu May 9 13:33:45 UTC 2013

Wes,

The earlier policy doesn't use bandwidth commands, hence, it doesn't
*subscribe* anything. The only thing it does is ensures that individual
sites do not exceed their shaped rate. You could add bandwidth statements
if you wanted to ensure a certain site always is guaranteed a certain
amount of bandwidth from the parent shaper. You can't oversubscribe with
the bandwidth command.

policy-map parent_shaper
 class class-default
  shape average 100000000
   service-policy site_shaper

policy-map site_shaper
 class t1_site
  shape average 1536000
  bandwidth percent 1
   service-policy qos_global
 class multilink_site
  shape average 3072000
  bandwidth percent 2
   service-policy qos_global
 class class-default
  bandwidth percent 97
   service-policy qos_global

policy-map qos_global
  ! ... whatever you want here.

This would make sure that large sites don't stare out small spoke sites for
bandwidth.