Per Site QOS policy with Cisco IOS-XE

Jason Lester jlester at wcs.k12.va.us
Thu May 9 14:55:19 UTC 2013

We had a similar problem years ago with a frame-relay <---> IMA setup.  The
hub end was a multiplexed ATM circuit with PVC's to each site's frame-relay
circuit.  The IMA speed was equal to the aggregate speed of each site's
CIR.  It worked great until all the sites were bursting above CIR.  VoIP
call quality would go really bad when that happened (early mornings
mainly.)  QoS policies could not be maintained between the frame and ATM
sides.

Sprint (support contract on the CPE) and MCI (circuits) engineers finally
decided to run PPP over the native protocols on each end and then apply QoS
to the PPP sessions.  That fixed the problem.  I am not sure if something
like that is possible in your case or not though as I am not familiar with
MPLS.  I tried to find the config, but I no longer have it.  I remember it
used virtual templates, but don't remember the specifics.

Jason

--

Jason Lester
Administrator for Instructional Technology