DDoS Attacks Cause of Game Servers

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Jan 31 08:02:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:23:11AM +0330,
 Shahab Vahabzadeh <sh.vahabzadeh at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 55 lines which said:

> Those ip addresses I send were only sample, its 5 page :D and not
> only those addresses.

Because the attacker attacks when they have a new opponent. They DoS
it long enough to win a race, then start a new fight in the game.

> And you are looking to target 128.141.X.Y its mine and I change it because
> of mailing list, maybe attackers are here.
> You must check the sources not destination.

What Jeroen said is that source IP addresses are spoofed (which is
common with UDP-based protocols such as the DNS). They are the
victim's addresses, not the attacker's.