DDoS Attacks Cause of Game Servers

Fredrik Holmqvist / I2B fredrik at i2b.se
Thu Jan 31 09:59:00 UTC 2013

Hi.

The IPs you see is the exploited gameservers, so "just" contact them,
and send them the link below.

There is a workaround for it:
http://rankgamehosting.ru/index.php?showtopic=1320

We have had problem with this in the past. Usually we get "abuse
complaints" from the admin of the game server(s) claiming one of our
customers is DDoSing them, when in fact their servers are used to DDoS
our customer(s).
After explaining how the DDoS works and sending them the link above,
they fix the problem on their side.

We have also tried to send abuse messages to the ISPs of the exploited
servers, and can't say that we are pleased with the response, the small
ISPs responded and took care of the issue (talked with their customers),
most big ones didn't even send a ACK back.
When this attack type was used (1+ year ago) we had aprox 3.5 Gbit
coming from the gameservers.

--
Fredrik Holmqvist
I2B (Internet 2 Business)