Small ISP Need to Know

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 07:51:45 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:02 AM, not common <notcommonmistakes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where is a good place (or places) to start learning ISP operations "Need To
> Know"?

The problem with "Need to Know" especially operationally is you end up
with lot of advice from 'experienced' people which would be useless to
you if you lack the theoretical framework.

I'll recommend getting a good book on any entry level network
certification (CCNA, Network+ etc) and actually learning to understand
(as opposed to pass an exam). Use GNS3 at all levels of your learning.

--
Mukom Akong [Tamon]

“We don't LIVE in order to BREATH. Similarly WORKING in order to make
MONEY puts us on a one way street to irrelevance.“

[In Search of Excellence & Perfection] - http://perfexcellence.org
[Moments of TechXcellence] - http://techexcellence.net
[ICT Business Integration] - http://ibiztech.wordpress.com
[About Me] - http://about.me/perfexcellence