<Help --> Having trouble trying to activate a GigE connection>

Michael Ruiz mruiz at telwestservices.com
Tue Nov 24 16:01:37 UTC 2009

Group,

                I am having an issue with activating a Gige interface
between a Cisco 7206 VXR w/IO-1GE module to a 7606 w/sup720-3bxls
connecting to a line module WS-X6416-GBIC.  I have verified that the
GBIC-MMF have good light reading and the MMF fiber jumper are not
reversed.  The GigE connection comes up briefly for about a few seconds,
takes a burst of errors and goes down.  I have tried to set the speed to
nonegotiate on both ends, set one end to speed auto.  No dice.  Here is
the copy of the configuration.  On my 7606 I show that the GigE
interface is up/up but on the 7206vxr I show down/down.  Any help will
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

This is the Cisco 7206VXR configuration.

interface GIabitEthernet0/0

no ip address

duplex full

speed 1000