Anyone notice strange announcements for 174.128.31.0/24

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Jan 13 00:29:55 UTC 2009

In a message written on Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 08:20:28AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> of course, we're sorry we set off folk's broken alarm systems :-)  [
> sense of humor required, leo ]

Ah, I get the smiley this time.  That's the indication you're not
serious about the sentence you just wrote!  Ah ha!  So you're not
sorry you've wasted a whole bunch of people's time today.

You really should make some friends Randy.  You know, the type of
people who might have a network, and an ASN, and be ok with you
injecting their ASN in wierd places and reporting back to you what
happens.  You might even be able to then get them to provide data
on what sensors alerted, why they alerted, and other useful things.
That seems both a lot more useful and respectful than dragging
random third parties into your research project by force and having
them turn to 10,000 of their closest friends to figure out what's
going on.

And no, I don't have a sense of humor about it.  44 messages of
(mostly bad) haiku, and another 42 messages about the collateral
damage of Randy's research project and how it pulls network engineers
out of funerals.  Even at only 10 seconds per message to see there
is no operationally useful content that's 14 minutes of my life
wasted today I will never get back.

The S/N ratio of the list day has been 0.  I guess the up side is that
is only down slightly from normal.