How to get help from your ISP for security problems

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Thu Aug 30 18:46:29 UTC 2007

On Aug 30, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Sean Donelan wrote:

> I was amazed when I met a lot of security researchers which didn't
> seem to know about all the different
> things ISPs are doing to help customers avoid having their
> computers compromised by intrusions and repairing their computers
> afterwards

I've found that, with some notable exceptions, many academics who've
evinced an interest in the networking security space seem to be quite
incapable of making use of the various excellent search engines
available to a) determine the current state of the art and b) check
for prior art when proposing 'solutions' to various problems.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	   I don't sound like nobody.

                -- Elvis Presley