How to get help from your ISP for security problems

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Fri Aug 31 02:00:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Sean Donelan wrote:
> So I started putting together a web page of paid and free ISP security
> support links.  If you are a national or large regional ISP in the US,
> send me your link and I'll add it.
>
> <http://www.donelan.com/ispsupport.html>

Ok, uncle.  I've heard from many professional services security
groups.  I was focused on consumer security, but I added a separate
section for ISP professional services security pages.  Like the consumer
section, I'm limiting it ISPs that provide both network and security
support at the customer's location.

If possible, I prefer to keep the focus on consumer Internet security
support and help sites rather than professional services marketing pages.

But I'd also like people to see the wide variety of help ISPs make
available.  And to give some ammunition to security folks inside ISPs
for you to show the people that make your web pages what other ISPs are
doing.  Some ISPs are doing a great job, other ISPs are pretty lame.