Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

Allan Houston ahouston at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 15:31:02 UTC 2006

Scott Morris wrote:
> So we're saying that a lawsuit is an intelligent method to force someone
> else to correct something that you are simply using to avoid the irritation
> of manually updating things yourself???
>
> That seems to be the epitomy of laziness vs. litigousness.
>
> Scott

I've spent a fairly substantial amount of time over the last few weeks
attempting to get ISPs / hosting centers / little Johnny's server in his
mom's basement to debogonise my 77.96.0.0/13 prefix.

I can tell you that I've heard no less than four times from networking
bods that we're still listed as a bogon on completewhois.com, that they
don't think they need to update their filters etc etc.

So while I agree entirely that you shouldn't use these sites for
accurate filters, we have to recognise that in an imperfect world there
are some people who do choose to use them, no matter how silly we feel
it is..

Guess the point I'm making is that chasing down bad bogons is a
frustrating enough task without an alledgedly accurate listing site
posting out of date info.

PS - if anyone has a networking contact at ev1servers.net , please send
me a mail because I'm getting hair loss I can ill afford trying to get
them to remove their bogon filters.