SlashDot: "Comcast Gunning for NAT Users"

Jon Mansey jon at interpacket.net
Thu Jan 31 17:18:09 UTC 2002

2 comments

1) when your primary machine is an XP/2K box running ICS, is that illegal
also? Are we to expect comcast to come knocking at the door wanting to
inspect the configuration of our PCs to see if it has 2 NICs, or a
wireless card in it? Are we supposed to willingly just open up our PCs so
comcast can look inside?

2) I heard recently of ppl openly sharing their broadband connection using
802.11 access points, Airports etc among friends, neighbors, coworkers.  I
can see where your DSL or cable company would be a little more concerned
about losing revenue like this, over just 2 or 3 PCs sharing at one
domestic location.

jm