DC power versus AC power

David Diaz techlist at smoton.net
Mon Dec 30 01:45:48 UTC 2002

While I would normally think some of this exaggeration.  When I was
at Netrail, I did a road trip to upgrade a facility in DC.  It's
kinda amazing what passed for colo in those days.  The little UPS
actually had a string of Pet boys car batteries.  Nathan Estes
dropped a wrench into the battery bay and there was a nice explosion
according to him.  The wrench literally vaporized.  Now I said that
wasnt possible.  He will stick to his story to this day.

The only thing I could figure was that it literally moltified into
super small droplets and just sprayed.  Regardless of whether it's
completely accurate, he was out searching for another wrench... it
took a lot of chocolate mile to relax him after that.

--

David Diaz
dave at smoton.net [Email]