DC power versus AC power

Scott Granados scott at wworks.net
Mon Dec 30 02:26:43 UTC 2002

Yes it will the wrench will become litterally liquid and spray.  So no it
doesn't explode in the litteral sense but it appears to and also sounds like
it:).  A safe experiment to do which many people probably did as Kids is to
take a piece of tin foil and place it across the terminals of say a trainset
transformer or perhaps  a 6 V drycell battery that you set up with a proper
switch so you can switch on the flow when you are standing back.  The foil
will sizzle and pop used to be the way you could demonstrate how fuses
worked.  Imagine that but this time the wrench handle goes pop.