Silly season

Richard Steenbergen ras at above.net
Thu Dec 23 23:45:12 UTC 1999

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 02:37:13PM -0800, Tim Wolfe wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Steve Dispensa wrote:
>

> > I don't know how big of a deal is being made about 2.038K on a corporate
> > management level, but it would seem that the ensuing months would be just
> > about a perfect time to address this issue.  After all, many companies have
> > teams for the date-field issue right now, and we've gotten pretty good in
> > the past couple of years at analyzing this problem.  It would only make
> > sense to immediately move on to the 2038 work after Y2K settles down.  Let's
> > just not wait until 2035 to deal with it this time, huh?
> >
> >  - Steve
>
> Do you honestly believe that corporate *name your country* will spend the
> money NOW to fix a problem that won't affect them for 30+ years?  One of us
> is living in a fantasy world....

Think about it this way. Would you rather the Y2K preperation "we must
test our wall clocks for Y2K then fill out 20lbs of paperwork and affix a
Y2K certified sticker" weenies found immediate employement, or would you
rather see them go back to their go-pher my coffee jobs for the next 37
years? :P

--
Richard A. Steenbergen <ras at above.net>  http://users.quadrunner.com/humble
PGP Key ID: 0x60AB0AD1  (E5 35 10 1D DE 7D 8C A7  09 1C 80 8B AF B9 77 BB)