OUTAGE: multiple outages around the country

Robert Mathews-ICICX mathews at hawaii.edu
Fri Apr 30 23:40:59 UTC 1999

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:00:06 -1000
> From: Sean Donelan <SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM>
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: Re: OUTAGE: multiple outages around the country
>

>			[......]
>
> I've now also received a report of a Texas fiber cut (frontier or als)
> and outages in Deleware, Ohio, Maryland, Michigan, New York,
> Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia (mci or worldcom).  It still
> isn't clear if there is one or more than one cut in the northeast.
>
> I'm also not sure where the Tennessee and Florida outages are
> originating, or if they are connected with the ones mentioned above.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Very Briefly... thought that I would interject/contribute a tid-bit
on outages elsewhere -- than what seems to be known.

A cable was severed in Honolulu also today, that took out 90+ strands of
fiber. Time-Warner Telecom, DREN Traffic Flow and Connectivity to
I2/Abilene were aamong those effected.  I have no follow-up to provide you
now on this..

Best.