SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Wed Jul 29 18:32:52 UTC 1998
I'm going to have to get a new name/e-mail address, obviously the
provider announcements aren't making it all the way down to the "S"'s.
Many people forwarded copies of MCI's mail, but I still haven't received
a copy directly from MCI yet.
Several people sent me several different possible causes.
- AOL mail routing/DNS was FUBAR for an indeterminate period
- A power plant blew up, which then fried several POPS in the midwest
- Two sets of Cisco router problems
- Two 'major' providers reported backbone-wide problems
- SMURFing was running higher than average yesterday
Is anyone correlating this? Did the Internet roll the dice and they just
came up snake-eyes yesterday? And this is during the Internet's "slow
period" of August. Just wait until the September effect hits.
Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
Affiliation given for identification not representation
More information about the NANOG