CSPAN at NANOG?

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Fri Apr 12 21:01:50 UTC 1996

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, William B. Norton wrote:

> There was also a fear that marketing folks might be attracted to the bright
> lights and degrade the technical quality of the meeting.  Reasonable concerns.

As someone who suggested that NANOG should consider making press releases
to educate more people about Internet operational issues, I strongly agree
that there is no place for the press at the NANOG meetings. I just wanted
to see more of the issues and decisions written up after the fact by someone
who is a part of NANOG and understands the difference between off-the-cuff
personal comments and official corporate policies.

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael at memra.com