IPv6 Traffic Re: IPv6? Re: Where to Use 240/4 Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block

Christopher Hawker chris at thesysadmin.au
Mon Jan 15 10:05:21 UTC 2024

I strongly disagree that IPv6 is very much an afterthought.

A perfect example is that in Australia, our largest mobile network provider
Telstra, has completely moved to IPv6 single-stack on their mobile network
for pre-paid and post-paid customers. Russell Langton made the announcement
in February 2020 that Telstra was making the transition and they have since
completed this transition. T-Mobile US also went single-stack back in 2014.
India, with a population of 1.43 billion people (accounting for 17% of the
world's population, sits at 81.24% capable, 80.71% preferred.

With a global rate of 36.49% IPv6 capable and 35.61% IPv6 preferred, we
still have a long way to go however our current achievements to-date should
be commended.

Regards,
Christopher Hawker

Links: