How threading works (was Re: Root Cause Re: 202401102221.AYC Re: Streamline The CG-NAT Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block)

Giorgio Bonfiglio me at grg.pw
Sun Jan 14 13:57:10 UTC 2024

>     I am so glad that you decided to come out to be a well-informed referee. For more than one year, I have been accused of breaking the eMail etiquette established by a standard, yet never identified. It seriously distracted our attention from the topic of essence. You now have demonstrated that the reverse appears to be the case. What a big surprise!

Even if it doesn’t break the threading RFCs, I am at a loss looking for a reason why the subject line of a thread should be a/ arbitrarily changed without a correlated change in subject, b/ extended to a point where it takes 1/3rd of the screen of my iPhone and doesn’t fit in the table view in my Thunderbird and c/ in a list with thousands of individuals be changed to include some sort of timestamp specific to one of them (202401102221.AYC).

Please, think at scale. If every single one of us had to randomly change subject at every response or add their own timestamp (why even?) 202401151356.BG this would quickly get out of hand.

I don’t think we need to be in specific breach of an RFC to ask an individual which is clearly acting off the standard ML practice to please stop, no?