maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sat Oct 14 21:47:53 UTC 2023

On Sat, Oct 14, 2023 at 2:37 PM John Kristoff <jtk at dataplane.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 2023 13:59:11 -0700
> Matthew Petach <mpetach at netflight.com> wrote:
>
> > That last report shows that only half of the top 1000 websites on the
> > Alexa ranking support IPv6.
>
> The Alexa ranking is no longer maintained.  ISOC had a recent article
> talking about just this:
>
>   <
> https://pulse.internetsociety.org/blog/do-half-of-the-most-popular-websites-use-ipv6
> >

> John

Good to know, John, though it doesn't change the underlying issue; as the
Oct 12th Pulse report from your link says,
"If we look at Figure 2, we can see nearly half of the top 1,000 websites
are IPv6 capable."

which basically says things haven't moved much since the last
Alexa-rank-based measurements were taken.

Thank you for the pointer to more-up-to-date data!

Matt